APICS MASTER PLANNING OF RESOURCES
1 session per week
4 hours per session
Total class hours: 40
Master Planning of Resources is one of three core modules in the APICS CPIM certification series; the other two being Detailed Scheduling & Planning, and Execution & Control of Operations, It is intended for Operations and Supply Chain professionals who want to improve their knowledge and skills in Operations and Supply Chain Management and master the APICS Body of Knowledge terminology and concepts. MPR is strongly recommended for anyone pursuing their APICS CPIM certification.
Students taking the course should have successfully completed Basics of Supply Chain Management, or have successfully completed one or more of the three core modules, or have a minimum of 5 years working knowledge in the subject matter area.
This course explores the processes used to develop sales and operations plans that are consistent with business policies, objectives, and resource constraints. It identifies sources of internal and external demand used in forecasting and managing customer orders.
The course also focuses on the mechanics and importance of producing achievable master schedules consistent with Sales and Operations Plans and business objectives.
The Business Planning Process:
- The Business Plan
- Manufacturing Environments
- Volume/Variety Relationships
- Characteristics of demand
- Forecasting Techniques
- Forecast Accuracy
- Customer Relations Management (CRM)
- Customer Order Management
- Physical Distribution Planning
- Distribution Planning Systems
- Distribution Interfaces
Master Production Scheduling (MPS)
- Master Production Scheduling process
- Developing the MPS
- Available to Promise (ATP)
Managing the Master Schedule:
- Responding to changes in demand/supply
- Engineering Changes
- Demand/Planning Time fences
- Rough Cut Capacity Planning
- Business performance measurements
- Customer Service performance measurements
- Maintaining the Master Schedule