ADVANCED MULTIAXIS PROGRAMMING & SET-UP WITH MASTERCAM X8
1 session per week
4 hours per session
Total Class: 60 hours
This course has been created for CNC machinists, CNC programmers and manufacturing engineers.
Participants should have basic 2 and 3 axis programming and set up skills. Participants should also have basic MasterCAM skills.
(This outline is intended to be a guide for the course and is subject to change without notice at the discretion of the instructor.)
Skills learned will be programming and setup techniques to independently operate a 5 axis CNC mill and a CNC lathe with live tooling.
- Students will learn how to plan a 5 axis milling job.
- Students will learn the application of 5 axis milling.
- Students will learn how to plan a lathe with live tooling job.
- Students will learn the application of lathes with live tooling.
- Students will program and set up projects using Mastercam on both 5 axis milling and a lathe with live tooling.
- Students will learn how to establish work shifts and geometric locations for tools on each machine.