APICS CPIM PART 2 (ECO, MPR, DSP, SMR)
This course is part 2 of a two-part series for those who intend to pursue their CPIM Certification. The Part 1 covers the Basics of Supply Chain Management and Part 2 has expanded to cover four modules of the previous version: Master Planning of Resources, Detailed Scheduling and Planning, Execution and Control of Operations, and Strategic Management of Resources. The new two exam structure condenses the time it takes to earn the CPIM Certification by passing two instead of five exams.
Expanded concepts managing the complete flow of information and materials is a supply chain from business planning and operational strategy through demand planning and operational execution including supplier management, inventory management, project management, capacity planning and continuous improvement which are covered in the CPIM Part 2 course.
This course applies to manufacturing, distribution, service, and retail industries.
This course is intended for operations and supply chain professionals who want to improve their knowledge and skills, gain practical knowledge, and develop skills that can be immediately used on the job. This course is also designed for those who would like to master the APICS body of knowledge terminology and concepts with the intent to pursue certification.
Planners, buyers, master schedulers, demand planners, inventory management, supply chain management, production control management, operations management, cost accounting, quality management, and other professionals who wish to expand their knowledge and ability in the planning of resource allocation will benefit from this training.
There is no prerequisite for this class. However, it is highly recommended that students enrolling in this class have a strong foundation in the APCS Body of Knowledge, by either having completed the CPIM Part 1 course or the Basics of Supply Chain Management (BSCM) course. Note: To earn the APICS CPIM certification you must take and pass both the CPIM Part 1 and Part 2 exams.
Topics and Course Content
This course will cover and expand on CPIM Part 1 topics such as:
- Understanding basic business wide concepts, including understanding various supply chain environments
- Developing and aligning business strategy to accomplish the business plan objectives in order to achieve positive financial results.
- Managing demand, including markets and customer expectation
- Understanding Material Requirements Planning (MRP) logic and the actions required to balance supply and demand
- Capacity Requirements Planning (CRP) and manufacturing scheduling
- Forecasting, Sales and Operations Planning, Theory of Constraints, and other continuous improvement tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, and Total Quality Management
- Physical distribution overview including related topics such as transportation and warehousing
- Supplier relationships and sourcing strategies for managing the external supply chain.
- Understanding supply issues including inventory costs, ABC inventory control, and metrics
Learning Goals and Results
At the conclusion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand expanded concepts in various supply chain environments
- Manage, control and measure the flow of materials in a supply chain from business planning and operational strategy through demand planning and operational execution
- Apply supply chain best practices required to execute, control and improve internal operations and external supplier relationships
- Apply concepts and strategy to align operations with customer requirements
- Utilize the printed and online study tools to confidently take the certification exam
This class is 64 hours of classroom time taken in 4-hour sessions over a period of 16 weeks.