APICS ESSENTIAL INVENTORY CONTROL SKILLS
This course focuses on universally accepted inventory planning and control processes and systems used by Stockroom and Inventory Management professionals: The concepts presented in this course are applicable to managing inventory in all Manufacturing, Service, and Distribution companies. All terms and concepts taught in this course are based on the APICS Body of knowledge and taught by ASCM Recognized Instructors.
This course is ideal for both new and experienced employees whose job deals with planning and controlling inventory including Stockroom personnel, Shipping and Receiving employees, Material Handlers, Inventory Planners, Cycle counters and other inventory control associates who want to hone their job skills and gain practical knowledge in the field of Stockroom and Inventory Management.
None. It is strongly recommended that students have a basic knowledge or some experience in Stockroom or Inventory activities.
Topics and Course Content
Introduction to Inventory Management (FIM-2)
- Inventory Management
- Inventory Flows
- Financial Aspects of Inventory Management
Purpose & Function of Inventory (FIM-3)
- Five functions of inventory
- Elements of inventory cost, Inventory valuation
Inventory Replenishment Management (FIM-4)
- Inventory replenishment methods and objectives
- Order point, safety stock, and EOQ
Inventory Measurement & Control (FIM-5)
- ABC Inventory Control
- Inventory Accuracy Tool Kit
- Measuring Inventory Performance
Lean Inventory (FIM-7)
- Lean concepts and practice
- Lean techniques
Introduction to Purchasing and Procurement (FIM-8)
- Purchasing to Procurement
- The Purchasing Cycle
Learning Goals and Results
At the conclusion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Utilize learned basic terms, concepts, systems, and best practices used by Inventory Management and Stockroom professionals.
- Apply learned material in performing their current job and/or used to prepare for their next level job opportunity.
- Use terminology and concepts learned in this course in preparing for the APICS Production & Inventory Management (CPIM), Certification exams.
This class is 24 hours of classroom (or virtual platform) time taken in 2-hour sessions, over a period of 6 weeks.