APICS CPIM PART 1 (BASICS OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT)
This course is first of a two-part series for those who intend to pursue their APICS Certified in Planning and Inventory Management (CPIM) Certification that provides a comprehensive body of knowledge, best practices, and standards to allow students to better respond to supply disruptions, demand variations, and manage supply chain risk.
Part 1 covers the Basics of Supply Chain Management concepts and terminology while Part 2 covers Supply Chain applications of the concepts presented in Part 1. A candidate would need to pass exams provided by APICS for both Part 1 and Part 2 to become certified. APICS Exams are NOT included with this class.
This course covers the basic concepts in managing the complete flow of materials and operations in a supply chain from suppliers to customers. This course is suitable for manufacturing, distribution, service, and retail industries, and includes the fundamental relationships in the design, planning, execution, monitoring, and control that occur in a supply chain.
This course is intended for operations and supply chain professionals who want to improve their knowledge and skills, gain practical knowledge, and develop skills that can be immediately used on the job. This course is also designed for those who would like to master the APICS body of knowledge terminology and concepts with the intent to pursue certification. Planners, buyers, master schedulers, demand planners, inventory management, supply chain management, production control management, operations management, cost accounting, quality management, and other professionals who wish to expand their knowledge and ability in the planning of resource allocation, will benefit from this course.
This course will cover topics such as:
- Supply Chain Overview
- Fundamentals of Demand Management
- Plan Supply
- Executing the Supply Plan
- Inventory Management
- Continuous Improvement and Quality Management & Technologies
Learning Goals and results
At the conclusion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts in various supply chain environments.
- Manage, control and measure the flow of materials in a supply chain from suppliers to customers.
- Work more productively with company’s ERP system.
- Apply supply chain best practices required to execute, control and improve internal operations.
- Utilize the printed and on-line study tools to confidently take the certification exam
This class is 44 hours of classroom time taken in eleven 4-hour sessions over a period of 11 weeks.