APICS SUPPLY CHAIN PROCUREMENT CERTIFICATE – FUNDAMENTALS OF PURCHASING AND PROCUREMENT
This is a certificate course covering procurement at all levels of the organization. The Supply Chain Procurement Certificate program is a foundational education program designed to help both entry-level and experienced supply chain professionals expand their procurement knowledge and skills. The course provides an overview of procurement fundamentals, sourcing strategies, supplier relationship management, negotiations, evaluation metrics and more.
This course will be of interest to anyone who is in any way involved with the procurement function, directly or indirectly. This includes: purchasing, quality engineering, materials management, marketing and finance employees who wish to further their formal knowledge in procurement and obtain a signed certificate and digital badge from the Association of Supply Chain Management (ASCM). It is also intended for anyone who is considering a new career in procurement or someone who has experience in the field and is looking to expand their career options and stand out in a competitive job market. It may also be of interest to anyone who wishes take the first step in furthering their Supply Chain Management knowledge and professional development by attaining an ACSM CPIM, CSCP and/or CLTD certification. ASCM certifications are generally recognized as the gold standard in Supply Chain Management education.
Professional development is highly valued by employers. Employees with just one certification, certificate or credential earn 17% more than those without. [2022 ASCM Supply Chain Salary and Career Report]
There are no formal prerequisites to this course, but some experience with purchasing or procurement at any level in the organization will be beneficial.
Topics and Course Content
This course will cover topics such as:
- Fundamentals of Purchasing and Procurement
- Sourcing Strategies
- Purchase Order Management and Performance Measurement
- Contract Management and Negotiations
- Sustainability and Ethical Sourcing
- Procurement Evaluation Metrics and Intelligent Supply Chains
Learning Goals and Results
At the conclusion of the course, the participants will have the knowledge to:
- Develop a strategic sourcing strategy
- Establish effective procurement policies
- Effectively score supplier capabilities and select optimal suppliers • Engage in more effective contract management negotiations
- Trace the purchase order flow from requirements identification to purchase order close-out
- Review supplier and internal procurement organization performance using data and metrics
- Engage in sustainable and ethical sourcing
This class is 20 hours of classroom time taken in 2-hour sessions (twice weekly), over a period of 5 weeks.