LEADING A LEAN ORGANIZATION
This course relates both traditional and new marketing concepts to today’s fast-paced, competitive, and segmented business environment, with emphasis on relating marketing theory to practical and effective real-world solutions.
This course surveys the business practices involved in the activities of moving goods and services from the producer to the ultimate consumer.
This course is intended for leaders, support staff, and production operators interested in coming together to build a world-class organization driven by quality, responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
This course explores the underlying philosophies of high performance work systems and the tools and techniques necessary to achieve exceptional performance. The format of the course focuses on intact work teams and engages all levels of the organization through education, practical applications, and continuous improvement projects.
Fundamentals of Lean Principles.
Topics and Course Content
- Ten Modern Leadership Functions
- The Leader’s Role in Defining Quality
- Identifying and Examining Costs
- Setting Direction and Purposing for High Performance
- Creating the End-State Vision
- Installing Metrics that Measure Critical Business Indicators
- Installing the Lean Project Office
- Communication Styles/Work Styles
- Coaching and Motivation
- Active Listening and Maintaining Healthy Attitudes
- Implementing Change
- Implementing the Open Systems Model
- Implementing the Open-Systems Model
- Input Transformation Output analysis
- Analyzing the External Environment
- Five and 6S and Audit Check List
- Problem Solving
- Process Mapping
- Flowchart Techniques
- Value Stream Analysis
- Inventory Control
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Project Implementation
- Resistance to Change
- Thinking Styles
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Conflict Management
- Progressive Discipline
- Negotiation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Presentations and Graduation
Learning Goals and Results
At the conclusion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Apply key leadership skills to implement lean
- Know how to build amazing teams that work together to deliver results
- Apply and teach the tools of lean
- Manage the necessary culture change
- Develop continuous improvement engagement throughout the workforce.
- Coaching and develop team members to pursue improvements in safety, quality, and productivity
This class is 80 hours of classroom time taken in 4-hour sessions over the course of 20 consecutive weeks.
Please Note: Course content and time investment can also be customized to an individual company’s needs.