LEADING A LEAN ORGANIZATION
Sessions per week: 1
Hours per session: 4
Total hours: 80
This course is intended for leaders, support staff and production operators interested in coming together to build a world-class organization driven by quality, responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
This course explores the underlying philosophies of high performance work systems and the tools and techniques necessary to achieve exceptional performance. The format of the course focuses on intact work teams and engages all levels of the organization through education, practical applications and continuous improvement projects.
This course relates both traditional and new marketing concepts to today’s fast-paced, competitive and segmented business environment, with the emphasis on relating marketing theory to practical and effective real-world solutions.
This course surveys the business practices involved in the activities of moving goods and services from the producer to the ultimate consumer.
Fundamentals of Lean Principles.
- Ten Modern Leadership Functions
- The Leader’s Role in Defining Quality
- Identifying & Examining Costs
- Setting direction and purposing for high performance
- Creating the end-state vision.
- Installing metrics that measure critical business indicators.
- Installing the Lean Project Office.
- Communication Styles/Work Styles
- Coaching and Motivation
- Active Listening & Maintaining Healthy Attitudes
- Implementing Change
- Implementing the Open Systems model
- Implementing the open-systems model
- Input => Transformation => Output analysis
- Analyzing the external environment
- Five and 6S and Audit Check List
- Problem Solving
- Process Mapping
- Flowchart Techniques
- Value Stream Analysis
- Inventory Control
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Project Implementation
- Resistance to Change
- Thinking Styles
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Giving & Receiving Feedback
- Conflict Management
- Progressive Discipline
- Negotiation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Presentations and Graduation