PURCHASING & SOURCING
This course is taught by Certified Professionals in Supply Management (CPSM) who will walk participants through key elements of the purchasing and supply management process including best practices, negotiation, supplier selection, supplier relations, and material management.
This course is designed for those who are interested in, or work with purchasing and supply management, and would like to increase their understanding of current best practices in the field. After completing this course, participants will have an improved understanding of the body of knowledge related to purchasing, sourcing and supply leadership concepts.
Topics and Course Content
- Purchasing Best Practices
- Sourcing Management
- Bids and Proposals
- Supplier Selection
- Legal Considerations
- Contracts: Formation & Administration
- Relationship Management
- Information Systems
- Financial Considerations
- Procure to Pay
- Material Management
- Project Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Supplier Diversity
- Risk Management
Learning Goals and Results
At the conclusion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an improved understanding of procurement strategies, tactics and techniques
- Apply newly acquired principles of highly effective negotiation
- Implement an improved supplier selection process
- Recognize and navigate legal requirements in a procurement environment
- Manage relationships to reduce costs, improve quality and improve performance
This class is 48 hours of classroom time taken in 4-hour sessions over the course of 12 weekly meetings.
Course content and time investment can also be customized to an individual company’s needs.