This course is designed to help project managers in planning, executing, and managing projects of all sizes by learning how to develop a plan, create tasks, assign resources, manage a budget, and track progress in Microsoft Office Project.
This course is meant for users new to Microsoft Project, those upgrading from previous versions, anyone new to a project management role, and anyone who wants to learn about project management and Microsoft Project.
It is recommended that participants have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows® and understand how to manage files. It is also helpful to have a fundamental understanding of the principles of project management.
Topics and Course Content
- Overview of Project Management and Microsoft Project® Fundamentals
- Entering and Scheduling Tasks
- Gantt Chart wizard
- Entering and Assigning Resources
- Viewing the Project Database
- Update and View Project Progress
- Balancing Project Progress
- Project Reports
- Working with Multiple Projects
- Customizing Project
- Comprehensive Review
Learning Goals and Results
At the conclusion of the course the participants will be able to:
- Define project phases deliverables and detailed tasks
- Develop a plan for a project
- Create a project using the Microsoft Project program
- Identify project costs and determine contingencies
- Manage, assign, and track resources
- Work with deadlines and constraints
- Use and work with dependencies
- Apply the tools to report on progress updates
- Create baselines and interim plans
- Run reports
This class is 40 hours of classroom time taken in 4-hour sessions over the course of 10 consecutive weeks.
Please Note: Course content and time investment can also be customized to an individual company’s needs.