Workplace Skills Essentials
The modern workplace requires that we communicate effectively, work with people of different cultures, solve problems, follow procedures, resolve conflicts, use a computer, work safely, and adapt to change. This course focuses on raising the basic skill levels of employees so they can more completely contribute to the success of an organization.
This course is geared to frontline workers who are seeking to improve their workplace skills.
Topics and Course Content
- Improving Reading and Writing Skills in English
- Communication Skills
- Basic Math
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Introduction to Computer Technology
Learning Goals and Results
At the conclusion of the course, the participants will have:
- Improved their Problem-Solving abilities
- Applied some fundamental mathematical concepts
- Improved their communication skills
- Developed their reading skills to understand basic English-written materials at work such as safety procedures
This class is 40 hours of classroom time taken in 4-hour sessions over the course of 10 consecutive weeks.
Please Note: Course content and time investment can also be customized to an individual company’s needs.