Communication Skills Practicum
In this course students will learn how to attain and integrate key relational and communication skills that take the whole person into account. Students will also learn to develop skills that elicit natural affinity and cooperative contribution. These skills include working with words, feelings, commitment, expectation, and need. A group coaching setting will create the space in which new openness can take place and a new willingness to take creative action to make a difference can develop.
This course is for employees who want to improve their communication abilities and want to have more influence at work. Senior management who are ready to go beyond the academic understanding to connection that fosters innovation, practical process improvements, efficiency, productivity, and profits can benefit from this course. Also, human resources professionals who want higher employee retention and reduced turnover, as well as, anyone who longs to create a harmonious work environment that brings the best out of managers and employees alike can enroll in this course.
TOPICS & COURSE CONTENT
(THIS OUTLINE IS INTENDED TO BE A GUIDE FOR THE COURSE AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE INSTRUCTOR)
- Effective Listening
3-Tier Listening: Words, Emotion, and Commitment
- Conflict Resolution
Using Effective Listening & Principles of Constructive Communication
- The Platinum Rule
Cooperative Synergy for Productivity, Efficiencies, and Eliminating Conflict before it starts
- Creating Win/Win/Win
Building the Foundation to create Wins for all Stakeholders
- Who’s Who
Beyond the obvious Roles and Motivations
- More than Words
Story, Facts, Assessments, Feelings, Wants, Responsibility, and Action
- Bringing Work Alive
Discovering and empowering personal commitments and measures of satisfaction within the job
LEARNING GOALS & RESULTS
At the conclusion of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Effect change in their organization or community, regardless of their official role
- Partner with others to discover mutuality of commitment, even in apparent conflict situations, and accomplish mutually fulfilling goals
- Understand and speak from other people’s perspective, even when those contrast or conflict with their own
- Reduce personal reactivity and increase personal presence
- Identify desired wins/successes, attain them, and experience satisfaction
- Create personally satisfying plans of action to achieve goals at the workplace or in their personal life
This class is 48 hours of classroom time taken in 4-hour sessions over a period of 12 weeks.
Please Note: Course content and time investment can also be customized to an individual company’s needs.