CMM APPLICATION IN PC-DMIS® SOFTWARE – LEVEL 2
1 session per week
4 hours per session
40 total hours
This course has been created for machinists and inspectors who want to expand their CMM skill set by participating in a work group environment.
Participants should have some familiarity with a computer, a CMM, Blueprint Reading, Basic Shop Math and GD&T. They should be employed in a machine shop environment where machined parts are inspected.
Students are encouraged to bring in parts, solid models or blueprints for use in lesson projects.
(This outline is intended to be a guide for the course and is subject to change without notice at the discretion of the instructor)
Skills learned in Level 1 will be challenged and reinforced by programming the inspection of more complicated parts.
- Students will upgrade from PCDMIS CAD to PCDMIS CAD++.
- The CMM used for the class will have full 5 axis programmable capabilities.
- Parts used for class will be more complicated.
- All possible alignment strategies will be exercised.
- In depth customizing of reports.
- Full 5 axis programming as opposed to 3 axis programming with 5 axis manual articulation.
- Use of looping and subprograms.
- Reverse engineering of complicated parts.
- Students are encouraged to bring in parts from their work to better customize their individual experience.