CMM APPLICATION IN PC-DMIS® SOFTWARE – LEVEL 2
This course continues the training from the Level 1 course to include advanced alignments, CAD usage, program control, and dimensioning. Participants will learn auto-calibration and how to incorporate logic commands in their PC-DMIS programs. This course also covers importing several CAD parts into PC-DMIS including the part to be measured, fixtures, and the CMM model.
This course has been created for machinists and inspectors who want to expand their CMM skill set by participating in a workgroup environment.
Participants should have some familiarity with a computer, a CMM, Blueprint Reading, Basic Shop Math, and GD&T. They should be employed in a machine shop environment where machined parts are inspected.
Students are encouraged to bring in parts, solid models or blueprints for use in lesson projects.
Topic and Course Content
Skills learned in Level 1 will be challenged and reinforced by programming the
inspection of more complicated parts.
- Upgrading from PC-DMIS CAD to PC-DMIS CAD++
- Full 5-Axis Programmable Capabilities with CMM
- Operating More Complicated Parts
- Possible Alignment Strategies
- In Depth Customizing of Reports
- Full 5-Axis Programming as Opposed to 3-Axis Programming with 5-Axis Manual Articulation
- Use of Looping and Subprograms
- Reverse Engineering of Complicated Parts
Learning Goals and Results
At the conclusion of the class, the participants will be able to:
- Program and run PC-DMIS CAD++
- Operate the Full 5-axis CMM
- Program the equipment for auto calibration
- Apply advanced alignment strategies
- Write looping and subprograms
This class is 40 hours of classroom time taken in 4-hour sessions over the course of 10 consecutive weeks.
Please Note: Course content and time investment can also be customized to an individual company’s needs.