MICROSOFT® OFFICE OUTLOOK
Today, email has become one of the most widely used methods of business communication. In most organizations, email is the preferred form of communicating information among employees. As email grows in popularity and use, most organizations have found the need to implement a company communication management system such as Microsoft Office Outlook®.
Designed for individuals interested in increasing their knowledge and proficiency with Outlook, this workshop can be of great value for participants transitioning from older versions of Outlook and anyone wishing to improve their skills following current professional and/or industry standards.
Prospective students should be familiar with basic computer terminology, have a basic understanding of how to work with Microsoft® Office Windows®, and be proficient with the use of the mouse and keyboard.
Topics and Course Content
- Composing Messages
- Organizing Messages
- Managing Contacts
- Scheduling Appointments
- Scheduling Meetings
- Managing Tasks and Notes
- Setting Calendar Options
- Customizing Message Options
- Managing Tasks
- Customizing the Outlook Environment
- Locating Outlook Items
- Working with Public Folders
- Personalizing Email
- Organizing Outlook Items
- Managing Outlook Data Files
- Working with Contacts
- Saving and Archiving Email
Learning Goals and Results
At the conclusion of the course the participants will be able to:
- Navigate outlook to read and respond to email
- Use the address book, format and spell check new messages
- Attach files and insert illustrations to messages
- Customize read and response options
- Use flags, categories, and folders to organize messages.
- Create and work with contacts.
- Create appointments and schedule meetings in calendar.
- Create and work with tasks and notes.
- Sort messages
- Work with calendar settings
- Manage contact groups
- Import and export contacts
This class is 40 hours of classroom time taken in 4-hour sessions over the course of 10 consecutive weeks.
Please Note: Course content and time investment can also be customized to an individual company’s needs.