SHOP MATH AND BLUEPRINT READING
1 session per week
4 hours per session
Total Class: 60 hour
This introductory course to shop math and blueprint reading builds skills for shop employees, purchasing department personnel and beginning inspectors to identify the symbology and measurements of quality parts.
- Terms, Standard Abbreviations and the Alphabet of Lines.
- Dimensioning Systems – Blueprints, Engineering Drawings and their Components.
- Orthographic Projection – First-Angle and Third-Angle.
- Reading Multiview Drawings – Accumulated Tolerances, Dimensioning Methods.
- Blueprint Details – Reference, Basic, Chamfers, C’Bores and C’Sinks, Finish Symbols and Allowances, Fillets and Rounds, Bosses, Slotted Holes, Tapers,
- Necks, Heat-treatment and Finishes.
- Sectional Views
- Thread Specifications
- Metric Drawings
- Coordinate Dimensioning
- Arithmetic – Fractions, Decimals, Tolerances, Signed Numbers, Powers and Roots
- Algebra – Formulas, Statistics
- Geometry – Angels and Lines
- Trigonometry – Right Triangle Applications