Internal Quality Management Systems Auditor Training (AS9100 Rev. D)
This course offers a comprehensive understanding of the concepts of the current ISO 9001 and the AS9100 standards, principles, and practices of performing and reporting on effective internal audits in accordance with ISO 19011. The clauses are reviewed in detail and students will be guided through the internal audit process, which is required for creating and maintaining a quality management system. Students will gain auditing skills and knowledge through a balance of classroom training, practical role-playing, group workshops, case studies, and open discussions.
This course is designed for anyone involved in the auditing, maintaining, or monitoring a Quality Management System.
Topics and Course Content.
- The Internal Quality System
- Overview of the elements making up a sound quality management system, requirements of the governing documents, and the relationship of quality policy, the quality manual, procedures, and instructions. Included is a discussion of the audit evidence necessary to comply with the current standards.
- The Audit Cycle
- Using ISO 19011 as a guide, pre-audit activities, conducting the audit, postaudit, and follow-up activities are reviewed.
- Planning and Conducting the Audit
- How to prepare for an audit and effectively manage resources and how to collect audit evidence and document observations, including techniques for effective questioning and listening.
- Follow-Up Activities
- How to verify effectiveness of corrective actions, close out an audit and conduct follow-up surveillances.
- Case Studies and Simulations
- Studies of fictional companies to reinforce the methods and techniques discussed
Learning Goals and Results
At the conclusion of the course the participants will be able to:
- Understand and effectively audit the intent of the current ISO 9001 and AS 9100 standards
- Properly interpret the standard and apply to real internal audit situation
- Design internal audit interview based on the requirements of the standard
- Develop and plan and conduct effective internal audits
- Review the organization and its context
- Describe the needs and expectations of interested parties
- Define the design and development controls
- Analyze leadership and commitment for the quality management system
- Understand risks and opportunities
- Determine requirements for products and services
- Audit control of externally provided products and services
- Evaluate QMS performance
- Identify and report non-conformances in the process audit
- Evaluate corrective actions for root cause and effectiveness
- Apply auditing techniques including effective auditing of management
- Manage and audit process
- Conduct mock and real opening meetings, closing meetings, and reports
This class is 32 hours of classroom time taken in 4-hour sessions over the course of 8 consecutive weeks.
Please Note: Course content and time investment can also be customized to an individual company’s needs.